Page 27 of 29

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2016, 15:40
by V1nce69
Intripped wrote:nice work!
just a little note:
in your drawing, 2N7000 pins are named wrong


Thanks for your comments. And yes I have just seen my mistake. So here is the corrected layout:

OCD_pcb-layout-1.4.jpg

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2017, 23:01
by FuzzMonkey

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2017, 17:14
by caspercody
Would love to see that enhanced bypass layout.

Thanks for the article link!

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2017, 22:37
by FuzzMonkey
caspercody wrote:Would love to see that enhanced bypass layout.

Thanks for the article link!


I'm sure on will be cracked open soon enough.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2017, 17:26
by bugg
I traced the new V2 version this weekend. Will post the schematic once it's cleaned up and verified. :mrgreen:

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 21:00
by FuzzMonkey
bugg wrote:I traced the new V2 version this weekend. Will post the schematic once it's cleaned up and verified. :mrgreen:


Thanks for your efforts Bugg. I look forward to seeing the schematic.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2017, 22:09
by POTL
Input and output buffer on jfet probably the main differences
The scheme of the bypass is more interesting

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 14:06
by chuckd666
Wait, so let me guess.. now true bypass isn't exciting, they're going to start selling buffered bypass as a new thing? :o

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 14:10
by POTL
chuckd666 wrote:Wait, so let me guess.. now true bypass isn't exciting, they're going to start selling buffered bypass as a new thing? :o


Not really
These are 2 bypass modes true / buffered which are switched by the built-in toggle switch.
The buffer role in the bypass plays the output buffer on Jfet (as I understood from the description)
I'm interested in the switching system with SPDT or SPST toggle switch

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2017, 17:58
by bugg
POTL wrote:I'm interested in the switching system with SPDT or SPST toggle switch


The toggle switch is DPDT. I'll post the schematic tonight. I have PCBs on order, the first batch will use smd jfets because they're much easier to source.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017, 03:19
by POTL
bugg wrote:
POTL wrote:I'm interested in the switching system with SPDT or SPST toggle switch


The toggle switch is DPDT. I'll post the schematic tonight. I have PCBs on order, the first batch will use smd jfets because they're much easier to source.


DPDT?
Then I know how it works =)
Although we can see there is still some way.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2017, 21:34
by POTL
bugg wrote:
POTL wrote:I'm interested in the switching system with SPDT or SPST toggle switch


The toggle switch is DPDT. I'll post the schematic tonight. I have PCBs on order, the first batch will use smd jfets because they're much easier to source.

Hi, when will the schematic appear? :D

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2017, 01:30
by bugg
Sorry man, haven't forgotten about you! Had to deal with some car repairs this week so been busy.

The trace is done, PCB is drawn, I just need to clean up the schematic and export to an image then I'll post it.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2017, 02:06
by POTL
bugg wrote:Sorry man, haven't forgotten about you! Had to deal with some car repairs this week so been busy.

The trace is done, PCB is drawn, I just need to clean up the schematic and export to an image then I'll post it.


OK
Thank you bro
In fact, I do not need a fee. I'm interested in the circuits themselves.
1) I like to breed boards myself
2) The scheme is interesting from the sports interest, I do not plan to collect a clone for myself or for sale, I'm just curious

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 23:07
by bugg
Schematic.png


Here ya go, I'll upload a pinout for the 3PDT shortly. I have PCBs ready to go for this if anyone wants em.

I'm aware that Q5 appears to be upside down, I reconfirmed this multiple times, it is correct. Since these are 2N5457 the Drain/Source is interchangeable.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 00:47
by POTL
bugg wrote:
Schematic.png


Here ya go, I'll upload a pinout for the 3PDT shortly. I have PCBs ready to go for this if anyone wants em.

I'm aware that Q5 appears to be upside down, I reconfirmed this multiple times, it is correct. Since these are 2N5457 the Drain/Source is interchangeable.


thank you very much
in the description it was said that there will be buffers, and he added boosters lol

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 13:53
by boukman
Hi guys!
So is that buffer worth the effort?I already have an OCD clone.All that talk about Class A buffers at the product description..I mean is it really much better than a simple fet buffer in the dynamics department?
Can someone post the schematic of only the buffers section,or a tagboard?
Thanks!!!

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 14:28
by Blend
This new version is a maquillage operation. When the sales are jammed, the product was to be redone, the stated goal was to retire the fulldrive with the improved ocd and strange case pops up buffers like fulldrive, morning glory, ts etc etc and takes a bit here and there, like the snake that continues to bite its tail. An input Fetzer Valve, the disappearing germanium diode, and the 1k resistance on the tone as on the od Glove electro harmonix clone or other mods experienced on this forum. I bought a Ocd to resell it after cloning it and although it was not the best pedal in the world it sounded good, I will apply these novelties to the circuit and see if it's worth it.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 15:41
by Groovenut
POTL wrote:
bugg wrote:
Schematic.png


Here ya go, I'll upload a pinout for the 3PDT shortly. I have PCBs ready to go for this if anyone wants em.

I'm aware that Q5 appears to be upside down, I reconfirmed this multiple times, it is correct. Since these are 2N5457 the Drain/Source is interchangeable.


thank you very much
in the description it was said that there will be buffers, and he added boosters lol

Yeah, those aren't necessarily buffers and I would hardly call them boosters either. Maybe an inverting amplifier that provides unity ( 0.37dB of gain). I suppose you could call them impedance converters. I agree with the smoke and mirrors assessment so marketing can say it's something new. I doubt most could hear (or measure) a difference from the original at normal guitar levels. Of course if you hit the input with anything over the pinch off voltage of Q5 (Q6), you'll get asymmetric clipping from both Q5 and Q6.

Re: Fulltone - OCD

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2017, 06:20
by bajaman
I had some boards made and built one to satisfy my curiosity and it sounds good - I think the enhanced bypass buffers are a nice touch - I will most likely leave the small switch in the enhanced position :wink:
PM me if you want to purchase a spare board :wink:
cheers
bajaman
v2 top.JPG
v2 bottom.JPG
IMG_3260.JPG
IMG_3261.JPG
IMG_3263.JPG
IMG_3278.JPG
IMG_3279.JPG
IMG_3284.JPG