Devi Ever - Legend of Fuzz

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

Hi,

the Silver Crank part does work as it probably should. I did breadboard it once.

Cheers
Helge

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

i think Devi probably uses about 3 different cap values and 5 different resistor values in all of the DE pedals. it's kinda funny. probably makes it easy!
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

soggybag
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Fuzz Face, Tone Bender, Big Muff, ICBM, Ugly Face, Green Ringer, Super Fuzz, Multiplex Echo, Multiplex Jr, Rebote, Echo Base, SHO, Fuzz Factory, Titan Boost/Octave, Easy Face, Tone Bender MkII, Trem Shifter, Zero Point Mini...

Post by soggybag »

Are all of these DE pedals made by randomly connecting transistors and resistors and caps together?

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

here is a verified Schematic for the 33 side, with PNP layout from above

incorrect schematic removed by moderator.

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

teej212 wrote:here is a verified Schematic for the 33 side, with PNP layout from above
The schematic has 3 resistors listed but the layout only gives values for two. Could you tell me what the values are for each resistor on the schematic? Thanks

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

papercutnoise wrote:
teej212 wrote:here is a verified Schematic for the 33 side, with PNP layout from above
The schematic has 3 resistors listed but the layout only gives values for two. Could you tell me what the values are for each resistor on the schematic? Thanks
:shock: Which schematic? The one posted above has only two pictured and it is correct. I breadboarded exactly that a while ago. It works and sounds quite cool - I you have in mind how crude this little circuit is.

~arph
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by ~arph »

The schematic has three pictured, but the layout left out R1 in the schematic.

Collector-base resistor is 2.2M and the collector-9v is 10k.

I don't know the value for R1 I guess it depends on what the value of the "control" pot is.
In the quiet words of the virgin Mary: "Come again?"

HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

HEAD wrote:
papercutnoise wrote:
:shock: Which schematic? The one posted above has only two pictured and it is correct. I breadboarded exactly that a while ago. It works and sounds quite cool - I you have in mind how crude this little circuit is.

Damn! :oops: My fault I didn't read "resistors" but "transistors" - dunno why! Excuse me! Mea culpa! :|

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

i have R1 at 10k, its just to put a limit on the control knob so all the signal does not get directed to ground

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

HEAD wrote:
papercutnoise wrote:
trust me, the first layout was wrong, there was no 3.3m resistor in there, it was definately a 10k and i just added a gain control which is the control devi uses herself

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

teej212 wrote:
HEAD wrote:
papercutnoise wrote:
trust me, the first layout was wrong, there was no 3.3m resistor in there, it was definately a 10k and i just added a gain control which is the control devi uses herself

Apparently she almost always uses 100k pots in her pedals. Surely this image is pretty clear as to what resistors are used....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/30 ... cdd4_o.jpg

According to this online resistance calculator it's a 100k (Brown, Black, Yellow, Gold) and 2.2m (Red, Red, Green, Gold)

http://www.dannyg.com/examples/res2/resistor.htm

So there's 3 resistors (10k connected to the pot, 2.2m, 100k) and 2 100k pots from what I can work out

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

oh, you think that band is orange not yellow?

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

actually yeah it's probably orange actually so it'd be a 10k, sorry. Damn these tired eyes! Sorry, I've been in front of a computer for over 10 hours today.

So 10k, 10k, 2.2m resistors and two 100k pots should do the trick?

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

Yup

pretty cool sounding short decay fuzz

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

Any chance of getting the 33/silver crank schematic posted back up?

sevinisthenumber
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by sevinisthenumber »

Is there a layout or verified schematic for the bit fuzz?
"The man who says he knows everything will never know the truth"
C.S. Lewis

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

sevinisthenumber wrote:Is there a layout or verified schematic for the bit fuzz?
There's now exact layout that I know of but the bit is basically a 33 running into a GZ.

Details on the 33 (AKA Silver Crank) are here...

http://forum.deviever.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8220

Details on the GZ are here (the GZ is a variation of the VFM/SM Circuit)....

http://forum.deviever.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=4191

And here....
http://www.etsy.com/listing/50620483/s ... zg-pcb-kit

Basically you have the input going through the first pot (intensity) into the 33, the output of the 33 goes straight into the in of the GZ then into the second pot (Volume) and then to the output. Hope that made some sort of sense

papercutnoise
Information

Post by papercutnoise »

ok, tried to do out a layout for the Silver Crank/33. If you spot any errors please let me know.
Attachments
Silver Crank.png

teej212
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by teej212 »

its good but you could make the board much smaller

euronymous0001
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by euronymous0001 »

so after almost 2 years, is the schem verified? :mrgreen: