Demeter - Tremulator  [traced]

General documentation, gut shot, schematic links, ongoing circuit tracing, deep thoughts ... all about boutique stompboxes.
monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

one more try :scratch:
DEMETER TREMULATOR schematic.gif
DEMETER TREMULATOR adapted from supa trem layout.gif
DEMETER TREMULATOR trace artwork.gif
DEMETER TREMULATOR trace artwork.gif (6.25 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
tremulator2.JPG
tremulator1.JPG

Barcode
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Barcode »

My layout is weird?

Anywho, so it was pretty simple to change the full-tone to the demeter, eh? That layout was based heavily on the actual board layout in the Supa-Trem...

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

sorry, it was a good layout, it just lacked a few labels to tell what certain solder pads went to, which way to put in the vactrol, and the blend pot was wired in wrong resulting in no tremolo sound. I went nuts though and put all kinds of labeling all over it, I guess I like to do that. thanks for the layout by the way, I used yours over two other options I had

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

yeah it was a very straightforward modification... just omit one capacitor (no trace modifications) and go through and trace the rest of the circuit and put in the Demeter values part by part. I was surprised at how many differences there were in part values, given that the sound ends up being quite similar between the two. I like having the volume trim pot from the Fulltone, even though I just leave it on full anyway.

Barcode
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Barcode »

monkeyxx wrote:sorry, it was a good layout, it just lacked a few labels to tell what certain solder pads went to, which way to put in the vactrol, and the blend pot was wired in wrong resulting in no tremolo sound. I went nuts though and put all kinds of labeling all over it, I guess I like to do that. thanks for the layout by the way, I used yours over two other options I had
The only thing wrong with the blend pot wiring on the layout is that I didn't note that blend lug 2 also connects as effect output. Otherwise, I've built that layout as is, so I can guarantee you aside from that note that it works as indicated.

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

Barcode wrote:
monkeyxx wrote:sorry, it was a good layout, it just lacked a few labels to tell what certain solder pads went to, which way to put in the vactrol, and the blend pot was wired in wrong resulting in no tremolo sound. I went nuts though and put all kinds of labeling all over it, I guess I like to do that. thanks for the layout by the way, I used yours over two other options I had
The only thing wrong with the blend pot wiring on the layout is that I didn't note that blend lug 2 also connects as effect output. Otherwise, I've built that layout as is, so I can guarantee you aside from that note that it works as indicated.
really? I thought 1 and 3 and 2 of that pot at least two were going to the wrong place. maybe it was something else in my build that caused the hiccup when I was also changing that part of the build. if you built it and it worked i guess that speaks for itself

monkeyxx
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by monkeyxx »

here's my build... the guts aren't worth seeing. I added the hard/soft switch from the Fulltone, it's pretty subtle, but there is a difference. It's a little smoother than other hard chop tremolo sounds I've heard
COLD STEEL HARD TREMOLO dogs circuit boards 032.JPG

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

Can somebody compare Bajamans Trembulator to the original Tremulator? Maybe make a soundsample?

roseblood11
Tube Twister
Information

Post by roseblood11 »

There's a new version with some useful additions:
http://www.demeteramps.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=99

I'd really like to see the schematic.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

roseblood11 wrote:There's a new version with some useful additions:
http://www.demeteramps.com/index.php?ro ... duct_id=99

I'd really like to see the schematic.
This is a different pedal than the V1, it should get its own thread -- if there is any info
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal