Tayda Electronics

Looking for a particular component or hardware part and you just cannot find it? Got comoonents surplus and want to get rid of it? Post it all here... No sales of working pedals, put these in the 'Seen for sale' section please.
Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

I have a thing for januarys. No, but I get your point, just trying to troll a bit because I didn't instantly get that numbering stuff (which might be fine for filing, but is a bit hard to read when you don't expect it) :thumbsup

asatbluesboy
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by asatbluesboy »

Seiche wrote:...but is a bit hard to read when you don't expect it
Scared the beheses outta me as well...
...collectors together and emitter to base? You're such a darling...

ton.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

ha.. whenever presented with the option (like on phpbb boards) I always change it to that format.. gotten used to it over the years... it's just logical to me ;-)
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

DuctTapeRiot
Information

Post by DuctTapeRiot »

I am 99.9 and 1/2 % certain that the 1n34a from Tayda look different because they are different, they are NOT germanium, they are Silicon equivalents to Germ 1n34a. I did look for the thread where I read that but still cant find it.

Also just a heads up to anyone ordering pots from Tayda, they are the split shaft knurled kind, not the solid shaft smooth kind like from Mammoth etc. They still work with all of the knobs I have tried. And they all come with a dust cover.

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

DuctTapeRiot wrote:dust cover.
pot condoms! which are not flavored rubbers.

sinner
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by sinner »

Seiche wrote:
DuctTapeRiot wrote:dust cover.
pot condoms! which are not flavored rubbers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who taste it :blackeye

LucifersTrip
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: Companion Psychedelic Machine
Completed builds: Mosrite Fuzzrite (Si), Mosrite Fuzzrite (Ge)[2], Get Lo-Fi Fuzz, Fuzz Face (Ge) [2], Fuzz Face (Si) [3], Mos-Face, Vox Tone Bender, Kay Tremolo, Os Mutantes Fuzz [2], Psychedelic Fuzz, Smokey Amp, Sunn Buzz, Jen Fuzz, Fancy Fuzzbox, Muff Fuzz (op amp) [2], Buzz Box, Fuzz King, Rangemaster [5], Maestro FZ - 2/3, Ruby Amp, Orpheum Fuzz (Ge) [4], Great Destroyer, Schizo, Carlsbro Suzz, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (si), DOD 250 Gray [2], Super Dirt Fuzz, Fuzz Factory, Jordan Boss Tone, Sam Ash Fuzzz Boxx, Heathkit TA-28 Fuzz, Olson New Sound Fuzz, LRE Fuzz Sound, Green Ringer, Vox Super Beatle (Ge), Colorsound One Knob (Ge), Demon Buzzz [2], Demon Wasp v1, Demon Wasp v2, Super Hard-On, Bazz Fuss, Burns Buzzaround [2], Selmer Buzztone, Shin-Ei Companion Fuzz (Ge), Fuzz Face/FY-2 (Ge), Zonk Machine, Univox Squarewave, Demon Fuzzz, Mosrite Fuzzrite BG-500/1000 (Ge), Univox Superfuzz, Marshall Supa Fuzz, Demon Monster, AA Overdrive/ Retro Fuzz, Tone Bender MKII, Psychtar, Jordan Vica Vibe, etc...

Post by LucifersTrip »

BaldPaul wrote:Just got in some 1n34a from Tayda and another supplier I saw on E-bay called Yoyo.

Tayda on left and Yoyo on right. The Yoyo Part # is 681325.
It looks like they both have oxidized leads, so probably have been around awhile...

were you able to compare forward voltages?

BaldPaul
Information

Post by BaldPaul »

I'll be back at my shop on tues. Will test and post voltage drop then. Dunno why I didn't do this when I took the photo. Ditda dee..

telecaster
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by telecaster »

I just got my 1n34a from tayda. They look just like the diode on the right from baldpauls pic.
Forward voltage on my peek is 0.50v

Stock pic from ebay looks exactly the same as what I have.
Attachments
1N34A.jpg
1N34A.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 3193 times
KindaFuzzy - Looks like a blue nail polish and nutella sandwich.
Freekish - "Our originality is in the basement. Our business is in the toilet"
Guitarlcarl - I did take offence at being called an idiot by a moron.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

telecaster wrote:I just got my 1n34a from tayda. They look just like the diode on the right from baldpauls pic.
Forward voltage on my peek is 0.50v
I got a pack from Polida on eBay which also look just like that and measured around 0.5V on my Peak. But when I measured them on my cheapo multi meter they measure around 0.3V. Culturejam was saying something about the DCA55 giving spurious readings for germanium diodes sometimes so I'm just wondering if you come up with the same results I did (if you have another meter).
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

telecaster
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by telecaster »

I just measured some known 1n34a, and I get 0.35v forward voltage. I don't know what these diodes from tayda are. They look about the same except for the black stripe painted on one end.
Has anyone measured any 1n270's?

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Yes, but not from Tayda. The ones I got from Polida measured between 0.3V and 0.35V
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

telecaster
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by telecaster »

Yes, my dmm gives me 0.20 for the known 1n34 and 0.35 on my peek.

The tayda diodes: dmm= 0.250
Peek= 0.50

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

I haven't tried mine in anything yet but I've got some old 1N34A's that I know are good which I can compare them too so it'll be interesting to see how close they are.

Mugshot
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Mugshot »

wow, havent received word from tayda yet regarding my order that is still undelivered. i have already paid the credit card company. ive sent tayda a number of messages already but they only responded once or twice, gave me the tracking number. but local post office said no such parcel is in their custody. if i do not get a response within this week do you think the amount i paid could be refunded? im getting tired having to fight this much just to get response for my order i rightfully paid for. maybe file a paypal dispute? pros, cons?
signatures are for the weak.
FiveseveN wrote:
considering the low quality of the transistors and caps
Are Asian electrons inferior to American electrons?

grrrunge
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Loads!

Post by grrrunge »

Mugshot wrote:wow, havent received word from tayda yet regarding my order that is still undelivered. i have already paid the credit card company. ive sent tayda a number of messages already but they only responded once or twice, gave me the tracking number. but local post office said no such parcel is in their custody. if i do not get a response within this week do you think the amount i paid could be refunded? im getting tired having to fight this much just to get response for my order i rightfully paid for. maybe file a paypal dispute? pros, cons?
When did you order?
My order history with tayda is around 50 orders or so, and i have never had any missing shipments, even though i usually order through regular air mail without tracking numbers...
Also, have you tried looking up the tracking number online?
A true believer in the magic of Sherwood Forest Pedal Pirates
---
New base of operations: http://www.knucklehead.dk

Mugshot
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Mugshot »

grrrunge wrote:
Mugshot wrote:wow, havent received word from tayda yet regarding my order that is still undelivered. i have already paid the credit card company. ive sent tayda a number of messages already but they only responded once or twice, gave me the tracking number. but local post office said no such parcel is in their custody. if i do not get a response within this week do you think the amount i paid could be refunded? im getting tired having to fight this much just to get response for my order i rightfully paid for. maybe file a paypal dispute? pros, cons?
When did you order?
My order history with tayda is around 50 orders or so, and i have never had any missing shipments, even though i usually order through regular air mail without tracking numbers...
Also, have you tried looking up the tracking number online?
third week of june. nada till now. tayda sent me the tracking number, and hongkong post online says the shipment has arrived either in their office or the destination last July 2. got a call yesterday from local post office, they couldnt find any. odd.
FiveseveN wrote:

juanro
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by juanro »

The only time a shipping from Tayda went amiss (a non-tracked one, in fact) they refunded me wholly. Packages sometimes get lost: did you see how they treat those boxes on the planes? :|
Keep trying to reach them by mail and explain the situation, pretty sure they'll find a solution for your case.
La única verdad es la realidad.

Mugshot
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Mugshot »

if it were indeed lost, will the last "person" to ever touch it refund me? im not so sure how this works since if anything, this'll be the first botched shipment i'll be having.
FiveseveN wrote:

Seiche
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Seiche »

well usually tayda should refund you. either by sending a new package or money.